We are happy to announce that we're going to host a new contest at csacademy.com. Round #19 will take place on Friday, February/24/2017 16:00 (UTC). This round will be a Div. 2, meaning that the rating change will only affect users with a rating below 1600. Unrated users will also be affected. High rated coders can participate unofficially.
If you want to take part in this round you need to register before the contest begins. As this is a Div. 2, it will consist of 5 tasks of more accessible difficulty.
- You will have to solve 5 tasks in 2 hours.
- There will be full feedback throughout the entire contest.
- Tasks will not have partial scoring, so you need to pass all test cases for a solution to count (ACM-ICPC-style).
- Tasks will have dynamic scores. According to the number of users that solve a problem the score will vary between 100 and 1000.
- Besides the score, each user will also get a penalty that is going to be used as a tie breaker.
About the penalty system:
- Computed using the following formula: the minute of the last accepted solution + the penalty for each solved task. The penalty for a solved task is equal to log2 (no_of_submissions) * 5.
- Solutions that don't compile or don't pass the example test cases are ignored.
- Once you solve a task you can still resubmit. All the following solutions will be ignored for both the score and the penalty.