I'm pleased to announce the first championship hosted on the Codeforces platform. Welcome 8VC Venture Cup 2017!
8VC will be hosting a coding championship on Codeforces. The championship will begin on January 15 and take place in 2 rounds.
The contest will occur in two rounds:
- The Elimination Round is online and takes place on January 15, 17:05 (UTC). Elimination Round follows regular Codeforces rules and consists of 7-8 problems. For this round, the complexity of the problems will be comparable to a regular Codeforces round. There are no eligibility restrictions to participate in the round.
- The Final Round takes place on January 22, consists of 5-6 problems, and uses regular Codeforces rules. The complexity of the problems is higher than a regular Codeforces round. We will invite the top local finishers in Elimination Round to Woodside, CA to compete in the Final Round. In addition, we will invite the top 200 overall finishers to compete online.
Cool prizes are offered to winners and best participants.
- Overall 1st place — $2000
- Overall 2nd place — $1000
- Overall 3rd-5th places — $500 each
- Overall 1-50th place — t-shirts with 8VC and company logos
- Local Winner — Dinner with Joe Lonsdale (founder of Palantir, Addepar and 8VC) and other Silicon Valley technologists
- Local top finishers — Opportunity to meet with leadership from 8VC portfolio companies
8VC, which consists of Joe Lonsdale (co-founder of Palantir) and his core team from Formation | 8, is a Silicon Valley venture capital firm that invests in industry-transforming technology companies. The team's investment portfolio includes companies such as the selected companies below, and a host of other top technology platforms that leverage modern algorithms and data science to power their core business processes.
8VC FEATURED COMPANIES WITH OPEN POSITIONS
If you’re interested in job opportunities with these companies or others in the 8VC portfolio, contact us!