We are happy to announce that we're going to host a new contest at csacademy.com. Round #32 will take place on Thursday, 08/June/2017 15:00 (UTC). If you want to take part in this round you need to register before the contest begins. This contest will be a Div1 + Div2, with 7 tasks of varying difficulty that need to be solved in 2 hours and 30 minutes.
Given that this round number is a power of 2 (and powers of 2 have a special place in a programmer's heart), we decided to award three prizes:
- First place: 100$
- Second place: 50$
- One random prize, either 50$ or a custom CS Academy T-shirt, whichever the winner wants. :)
- You will have to solve 7 tasks in 2 hours and 30 minutes.
- There will be full feedback throughout the entire contest.
- Tasks will not have partial scoring, so you need to pass all test cases for a solution to count (ACM-ICPC-style).
- Tasks will have dynamic scores. According to the number of users that solve a problem the score will vary between 100 and 1000.
- Besides the score, each user will also get a penalty that is going to be used as a tie breaker.
About the penalty system:
- Computed using the following formula: the minute of the last accepted solution + the penalty for each solved task. The penalty for a solved task is equal to log2 (no_of_submissions) * 5.
- Solutions that don't compile or don't pass the example test cases are ignored.
- Once you solve a task you can still resubmit. All the following solutions will be ignored for both the score and the penalty.
If you find any bugs please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Congratulations to the winners:
Also, the editorial has been published. Hope you enjoyed the contest!