Today the Central European Regional Contest took place in Prague, Czechia.
And are you serious? One of the hardest regionals and:
- there were two breaks when we couldn't touch computers (one lasting about half an hour),
- contest lasted over 6 hours,
- they changed the duration of the contest several times (in particular the end changed from 3:50pm to 3:30pm),
- the workstations were so slow that our programs compiled sometimes over 5 minutes, with an average somewhere near one minute,
- some teams had to reboot the workstations several times.
I have been to several contests before and I understand that organizing such contest might be hard, but I really think that this contest crossed several lines. One of the most traumatic experiences in my life.