Invitation For CodeChef SnackDown 2016 Pre-Elimination Round B

Revision en1, by PraveenDhinwa, 2016-06-12 05:52:04

Hi All !!

Congratulations to all those who have cleared the SnackDown 2016 Pre-Elimination Round A and advanced to the SnackDown Elimination. For those who couldn’t compete/clear Pre-Elimination Round A, here is your chance to make it to the Elimination Round through Pre-Elimination Round B. The ranking criteria for this contest will be score based. And, top 1000 teams (other than top 1000, the teams solving problems same number of problems equal to 1000th team) will advance to the elimination round.

The CodeChef SnackDown 2016 Pre-Elimination Round B begins tomorrow i.e at 9 PM IST, 12th June.

Note: Those who have already made it to the SnackDown Elimination will not be allowed to take part in this contest.

The problems have been set and tested by kevinsogo (Kevin Charles Atienza), Antoniuk (Vasya Antoniuk), CherryTree (Sergey Kulik) and the translations are written by huzecong (Hu Zecong), Antoniuk (Vasya Antoniuk), VNOI Team, CherryTree (Sergey Kulik), with PraveenDhinwa (Praveen Dhinwa) as contest admin. I hope you will enjoy solving the problems. Please feel free to give your feedback about the problems in comments below.

• Furthermore, this year, CodeChef will be inviting 52 team’s (top 25 global + top 25 Indian + all Girl team + Indian school team) for the onsite finals. Of these 52 teams, 32 teams (top 15 each Global & Indian + Girl + Indian school team) will get an all expense paid trip to India, while the remaining 20 teams will be provided with accommodation and local travel in India. However, if any of these 20 teams win the competition, their travel fair will be reimbursed as well. It’s a win-win situation.

Along with the cash prizes for Global Winners, there are special prizes for Best School Team, Best Girls team and Best Indian Team (the total cash prizes are worth $22,500).

• The winning team shall win a whooping cash prize of $10,000.
  • Also, taking into consideration the previous discussions regarding the timing of online elimination round of the contest, the organizers have decided to reschedule the round.

The new timings for the SnackDown 2016 Elimination Round are:

In order to accommodate the new timings, they have also rescheduled the June Cook-Off 2016. And the new timings for the June Cook-Off are:

Date & Time: 26th June 2016, 21:30 Hrs IST to 00:00 Hrs IST

I hope you like the new timings and that will enjoy the contest till the very end. That will be all from my side for now. See you all at the contest.

Regards,
Praveen Dhinwa

History

Revisions

Rev. Lang. By When Δ Comment
en1 English PraveenDhinwa 2016-06-12 05:52:04 3379 Initial revision (published)