August Clash 2016

Revision en2, by belowthebelt, 2016-08-18 00:17:42

Hello, Codeforces community!

I want to invite all of you to participate in August Clash at HackerEarth. The contest is scheduled on August, 13. The contest duration is 24 hours, so there should be some comfortable time for every timezone. :)

There will be six tasks in the problemset. Five of them will be standard algorithmic problems with partial solutions allowed — you get points for every test that your solution passed. And the last task is an approximate problem — your score for this task depends on how good your solution is comparing to current best solution.

SmallBoy and MadNick are the authors of this problemset. They've done a great job preparing the problem-set. And I hope you guys will enjoy the questions prepared by them. I would personally say that the problemset is extremely interesting, We also hope that several problems will be not too hard for beginners. (Hint: partial scoring) Some tasks are challenging enough to make this contest interesting for more experienced contestants.

Sumeet.Varma worked on this contest as the tester and editorialist — he is responsible for taking care of the problems. And not surprisingly, he has done a commendable job for testing the problem-set. I hope you guys will not be disappointed. I was working on this contest as the moderator, and tester for the system(s). :)

As usual, here is one more reason for you to participate in this contest:

Top5 of leaderboard will also receive some nice prizes:

1. $100 Amazon gift card + HackerEarth T-shirt
  2. $75 Amazon gift card + HackerEarth T-shirt
  3. $50 Amazon gift card + HackerEarth T-shirt
  4. HackerEarth T-shirt
  5. HackerEarth T-shirt

Good luck to everybody — hope to see you at the scoreboard.

Update:
Here are the winners:
1. mugurelionut — 600 points.
2. anta — 599.215 points.
3. LHiC — 562.644 points.
4. azneyes — 558.818 points.
5. ceilks — 544.81 points.

Congratulations to the top 5, great performance! :)

Tags hackerearth, clash, augustclash, glhf

History

Revisions

Rev. Lang. By When Δ Comment
en2 English belowthebelt 2016-08-18 00:17:42 370
en1 English belowthebelt 2016-08-13 02:38:54 2002 Initial revision (published)