Problem with skipped submissions

Revision en2, by ArepitaDePernil, 2016-11-28 05:16:08

Well hello there, i just want to start with that i am really sad about this situation and want to let you know guys about it, so i don't usually compete in Codeforces since i like ACM format better , however since i want to be a better coder as an individual i decided to push myself into Codeforce's contests in a schedule basis, so i would compete in every contest i could while solving problems in the platform to see how much i can push myself to accomplish my goal which right now is be a way better coder than i am right now.

My situation is as follows, in Codeforces Round 381 (Div. 2) i did a good perfomance solving problem A (which gave me RTE in post tests) and B, i couldn't find a way to solve problem C, however i found out problem D was exactly a problem i already solved, so i decided to just copy and paste my code (since it didn't even had any twists) obviously this solution was AC. I was pumped since i could see my graph go a little bit up, after a while i got "skipped" in the contest. So obviously i was being targeted as a cheater, guilty before proven innocent i guess. Well after that and multiple talks with MikeMirzayanov he told me that me and multiple other users were going to get those stats reversed if we did nothing wrong, well for me nothing happened, i guessed maybe copying and pasting a code that is mine is against the rules.

Here is the comment i posted on that contest forum: http://codeforces.com/blog/entry/48547?#comment-326625

Long story short i didn't get my stats reversed, and this shady user named _underr had indeed messed with a lot of people. I decided to just keep going with my life and prepare to the new contest.

So new contest arrived: Codeforces Round 382 (Div. 2) , i solved only two problems A and B, since C and D were kinda mathy and i was more than happy to see simple problems crush me so i can be better, i decided to give them a try in upsolving. But guess what? my entire participation in this contest was once again "Skipped", i think there is a guy with a multiaccount just copying and pasting people submissions in their room in another account so they can rise up in ranking. This issue is huge and i am having a really bad time with it since i can't follow up my progress on the page because everytime i am participating i am getting flagged as a cheater.

I just did this to say to the people that is having this issue that is not only happening to them, and let the community know what is happening, i have never cheated on a contest in my life and i usually look up for the outline instead of the code if i can't solve the problem, i really want to get better and of course that goal would be impossible if i cheat.

Thanks for reading and i hope this time this situation is addressed as it should be, best regards.

Edit: I believe i found out the problem, since i was coding in ideone probably there is someone just sitting there waiting for codes to pop up and copy/paste them, can you recommend me a simple IDE for problem solving on windows? i tried geany once and didn't work well but maybe i was a bit lazy with it, i don't want this to keep happening.

Tags contests, codeforces, problem, community

History

Revisions

Rev. Lang. By When Δ Comment
en2 English ArepitaDePernil 2016-11-28 05:16:08 342 explaining what happened
en1 English ArepitaDePernil 2016-11-28 03:45:47 2850 Initial revision (published)