Codeforces Customizable Contests/Scoreboard
Difference between en3 and en4, changed 1 character(s)
Hi people!↵

I recently published a platform to host custom Codeforces contests. This was a personal project I worked on (as a contribution to an introductory undergraduate course I TA'd) to serve as a means of hosting mock ACM competitions for training purposes

### Features↵

So far, it has been used in no less than 10 contests, which helped with enhancing it and adding more useful features, including:↵

- Auto-updating scores↵
- Blind time↵
- Varying problem weights/points (an option to manually set the more difficult problems to yield a higher score)↵
- Cancelling certain submissions↵
- Verifying which of the entered problems were solved by the given user handles (could be used to ensure none of the contest problems was pre-solved before the contest)↵
- Logging a detailed report of the given handles, showing their submissions' details in a certain time-frame (or all time)↵
- Copying/Loading a contest using an compressed string (to help setup the same contest across multiple rooms/computers)↵
- Color-coded scoreboard indicating first submissions, accepted answers, and attempts↵

### Scoring↵

Currently, the scoring system works as follows:↵

1. Each individual problem has it's own linear-based time penalty. The way it works is by calculating how many points should be lost per minute if the problem points are to be _halved_ by the end of the contest (since both the contest duration and problem points are variable)↵
2. All penalties/bonuses are in terms of **time** (minutes)↵
3. Each wrong answer results in a 10 minutes penalty (10 minutes' worth of points)↵
4. Program efficiency adds bonus points; 20 minutes for a 15ms time-consumed submission↵

This scoring formula can be changed/customized. I tried to think of a fair way to cover all grounds, but it could be flawed (if that's the case, please suggest ways to improve it)↵

### Finally...↵

I open-sourced this [project](https://github.com/ThunderStruct/ACM-Scoreboard) to allow people to contribute and modify it to suit their needs. The markdown README contains a fairly thorough documentation of all the tools available and some helpful tips for customization and contribution.↵

It's also hosted [here](http://www.thunderstruct.com/acm-scoreboard/) for convenience.

History

Revisions

Rev. Lang. By When Δ Comment
en7 English ThunderStruct 2017-12-08 02:00:53 325 Tiny change: 'e.\n\n#### Updat' -> 'e.\n\n##### Updat'
en6 English ThunderStruct 2017-11-30 09:59:58 1 Tiny change: 'st using an compresse' -> 'st using a compresse'
en5 English ThunderStruct 2017-11-30 00:44:08 14 Tiny change: 'eeds. The markdown README contains ' -> 'eeds. The README markdown contains '
en4 English ThunderStruct 2017-11-30 00:41:19 1 Tiny change: 'g purposes.\n\n### Fe' -> 'g purposes\n\n### Fe' (published)
en3 English ThunderStruct 2017-11-30 00:40:26 4
en2 English ThunderStruct 2017-11-30 00:39:52 66
en1 English ThunderStruct 2017-11-30 00:38:57 2349 Initial revision (saved to drafts)