Bubble Cup 2018 Round 2 — Neo

Revision en1, by radoslav11, 2018-05-26 16:07:31

Hello!

Bubble Cup 2018 Round 2 just finished, so I decided to ask about a correct solution problem NEO. I guess a lot of people passed it in with the C++ pragma optimizations or with some greedy optimizations. My team also passed it like that.

In this blog I'll share my idea. If someone has solved it in a similar way I will really appreciate if he shares his code because honestly the idea is really annoying to implement. If anyone has another solution, which is better than I will really love to know the idea.

So the solution I had in mind is or depending how we implement our query. First we will have the standard DP: dpi = maxj < i(dpj + sumi * i + sumj * j - j * sumi - i * sumj) which can be reformed to dpi = sumi * i + maxj < i((dpj + sumj * j) + ( - j * sumi) + ( - i * sumj)). Well we can still reform this equation the the following: .

Now basically we only need to implement a data structure for the following operations:

1. Add a vector to our DS.

2. Given a vector, find the one with the largest dot product, when multiplied with it.

I found a paper which claimed that the following operations can be implemented with a 3D convex hull and another one which claimed that these operations can be converted to dynamic furthest point search, but unfortunately I cannot find the latter again (this happens when you do not bookmark anything). Also both presented data structures/algorithms were really annoying to implement.

So has anyone solved this problem in a legit way and if yes, can he share his solution. Thanks in advance :)

Tags dp, convex hull, bubble cup, spoj

History

Revisions

Rev. Lang. By When Δ Comment
en1 English radoslav11 2018-05-26 16:07:31 1834 Initial revision (published)