Standard algorithms/problems on CodeForces for testing our solutions

Revision en1, by TheScienceGuy, 2018-07-22 09:38:23

Hi, I think it is a good idea to add standard problems (like DFS, find cycle in graph, Convex Hull...) in codeforces problemset which most of competitive programmers learn, so that we can test our solutions as we are learning the algorithm. The problems should look exactly like the original ones (for example, the problem of printing a cycle from an unweighted directed graph should look like this: Given the vertices of an unweighted directed graph, print any of the cycles in this graph. If it has no cycles, print -1; then we describe the limits and IO format. Formulating problems this way saves time while training). I will start writing a list of standard problems/algorithms, feel free to add:

Sorting: 1. MergeSort 2. QuickSort 3. SelectionSort 4. RadixSort 5. BucketSort 6. Binary Search

Graph Algorithms: 1. DFS 2. BFS 3. Finding Cycle 4. Checking if graph is bipartite 5. Dijkstra's algorithm 6. Floyd-Marshall's algorithm 7. Checking connectivity 8. Kruskal’s Minimum Spanning Tree Algorithm 9. Finding if there is a path between two vertices

Dynamic Programming: 1. Knapsack problem 2. Edit Distance 3. Longest increasing subsequence 4. Longest common subsequence

Computational Geometry: 1. Constructing Convex Hull 2. Checking orientation of 3 points

I will add more problems/algorithms to the list if the users like the idea. Creating and adding problems is discussed in this post: https://codeforces.com/blog/entry/52135 . I will add some problems, but it is better if the users with high rank do this.

Tags standard algorithms, problems, training problemset, #algorithms

History

Revisions

Rev. Lang. By When Δ Comment
en2 English TheScienceGuy 2018-07-22 14:44:40 2
en1 English TheScienceGuy 2018-07-22 09:38:23 1625 Initial revision (published)