On contest announcements with many downvotes

Revision en1, by riela, 2018-11-19 06:38:07

Mwa ha ha ha ha I'm the mad sports programmer (sp) Hououin Riela! The organization is acting again, and as consequence the last round was unrated. However I'll break the convergence to change the worlds control structure.

The last cf round was an important one ― it is part of a tournament. However it was unrated because problems with the servers, many people downvoted the announcement post simply because the contest was unrated, however the problems were interesting. It is not the fault of the setter that the round ended unrated, and a decrease in contribution can be demotivating.

I know that contribution is just a number, but I would be affraid that if I set a round and there is a problem with the servers, then my post will be heavily downvoted.

Do you think is a good idea to remove the downvote button for cf round annoucements? what other solutions do you propose?

I think removing the downvote button is good, because there is no sense in downvoting those kind of posts. Also since I have many enemies (not only Mr Duck and teja[some numbers here]) if I set a round, I'm affraid it will get many downvotes!

History

Revisions

Rev. Lang. By When Δ Comment
en1 English riela 2018-11-19 06:38:07 1185 Initial revision (published)