My Uninspirational Story from Pupil to Candidate Master
Difference between en1 and en2, changed 283 character(s)
Since everyone's sharing their journeys in cp, I thought I might as well. Hope you don't find it relatable. Here is the timeline of my journey.  ↵

- Got exposed to programming when I was a kid. Had all the resources and guidance I needed to start. Doing nothing was much more appealing back then.↵
- Reach 18. Have to pick something to study in college. Everyone is studying cs nowadays so why not jump on the bandwagon? I sit in front of a screen all day anyway so this will fit me, right?↵
- It didn't.↵
- Hear that big companies that have sleeping capsules and free food ask algorithmic questions in their interviews.↵
- Start solving problems.↵
- It's not like anything else is remotely interesting. Everything is built above nine thousand layers of abstraction it's fucking impossible to understand shit and everyone else in the tech-cult is super fucking passionate and wholesome to the point that it's exhausting. I'd rather solve problems in my room. Fucking insane just to think there are people out there who are excited to open their IDE and code.↵
- Keep solving problems to escape the guilt that i'm doing nothing useful.↵
- Addicted to competitions anyway since it's the only source of validation for my fragile ego.↵
- Took 3 years for rating inflation to finally happen.↵
- ???↵
- Share my story and get downvoted to hell but it's not like it matters anyway.
  ↵

Edit: I was pointed out that this might be demotivating for some. Please note that most of this has been exaggerated for satire purposes (sorry if you were relating up to this point :c). I just wanted to poke these recent blog posts of people having a rate increase in no time.

History

Revisions

Rev. Lang. By When Δ Comment
en3 English Bekh 2020-05-21 21:15:56 223
en2 English Bekh 2020-05-21 20:26:35 283
en1 English Bekh 2020-05-21 18:43:13 1431 Initial revision (published)