Codeforces cf-tool update (partially fixed)

Revision en3, by confusedman, 2020-08-06 13:39:56

UPDATE 2: It seems codeforces has added back AES, the original cf-tool will no longer work. The one posted here should work for parsing problem test cases though. (5th August 2020)

UPDATE 1: Since codeforces rolled back the AES update, the original cf-tool should work fine.

I have been using the codeforces cf-tool by xalanq quite extensively and was disappointed to learn that the new RCPC decryption update had completely broken the amazing tool.

So I thought it would be fixed soon by xalanq but it turns out that his last visit was 4 months ago.

There is a good possibility that he will not see these messages and there won't be an update to the tool... So I learnt Go and cloned his public repository, managing to add extra functionality that makes it possible to parse contests and test cases. This means that we can use cf parse <contest number> and cf test freely. However, it still isn't possible to login (hoping somebody can fix this?).

Anyway, here's the public repository: https://github.com/confusedman1/cf-tool

And here's the binary file release: https://github.com/confusedman1/cf-tool/releases/tag/v1.1

Tutorial

When you type in cf config, you should see the following:

0) login 1) add a template 2) delete a template 3) set default template 4) run "cf gen" after "cf parse" 5) set host domain 6) set proxy 7) set folders' name 8) add RCPC token

You have to choose option 8 and add your RCPC token before anything can work. The way you can obtain your RCPC token is by logging in to codeforces normally on the website, opening the developer console, and entering document.cookie. This should give you a very long string that contains something like this : ;RCPC=b82f94cccc963782ef928c71012df34e;. In this case, b82f94cccc963782ef928c71012df34e is the token you should enter after selecting option 8.

That's it, now you should be able to successfully parse contests/problems.

Thanks to xalanq for making cf-tool, prophet_ for identifying the AES issue and providing a foundation to fix it. Good luck to gevacrt, you are still active these days so I hope you can fix your tool!

Tags #cftoolkit

History

Revisions

Rev. Lang. By When Δ Comment
en3 English confusedman 2020-08-06 13:39:56 233 Tiny change: 'oblem tests though.\n\n**UPDA' -> 'oblem test cases though. (Aug 5 2020)\n\n**UPDA'
en2 English confusedman 2020-07-16 15:44:39 144
en1 English confusedman 2020-07-14 20:24:47 2116 Initial revision (published)