I would like a justification as to why people downvote so much

Revision en2, by yesbutno1685, 2020-08-10 08:04:49

I've noticed that throughout Codeforces, many people are downvoted my many people because of no apparent reason. I would like to know the justifications of these downvotes.

Ex 1. In a post by a user asking for a push in the right direction regarding improving and getting started, I noticed that people started downvoting it. I personally think that asking that was a perfectly valid question, though the rest of Codeforces might not agree.

Ex 2. In a recent post by me, that I deleted, I simply wanted to share my thought process of how I solve the latest codeforces round problems A + B. I know that my solutions weren't the best, but I don't believe that they deserve a downvote.

Now, to get to the main point of this post. What causes you guys to downvote and why? I would like to know for the reference of me and other users because I still don't understand why posts get downvoted all the time, even though I can see the effort that the user put in to contribute to this community. Personally, I believe that all of these downvotes are completely un-warranted. Some people just want to share their ideas, or ask questions. Isn't that what this whole platform is all about?

History

Revisions

Rev. Lang. By When Δ Comment
en2 English yesbutno1685 2020-08-10 08:04:49 47
en1 English yesbutno1685 2020-08-10 08:03:26 1216 Initial revision (published)