Rating changes for last rounds are temporarily rolled back. They will be returned soon. ×

Anime Characters are OP in CP

Revision en3, by Gojo_Satoru, 2021-01-15 09:43:43

I was solving a few problems on Timus OJ when I noticed a few users with anime characters name as their username. Fairly common for that. But every time I made a submission I saw new names.

That made me a bit suspicious and looking at the 200 most recent submissions I recognized an unusually large number of anime characters. Here are a few of them

And they all seem to be solving the same problem. Most of them are from the Naruto/Dragon Ball universe. At first, I thought these were just troll accounts but when I check their profile they have a large number of solved problems. For example look at this mad scientist

Can someone please explain this phenomenon? Who are these OP people? My guess is that a group of people are solving the same problemset together for some contest and they all chose anime names. Maybe some epic anime training arc for ICPC.

Tags anime, acm.timus.ru

History

Revisions

Rev. Lang. By When Δ Comment
en3 English Gojo_Satoru 2021-01-15 09:43:43 0 (published)
en2 English Gojo_Satoru 2021-01-14 18:11:20 31 Tiny change: 'enomenon? My guess' -> 'enomenon? Who are these OP people? My guess'
en1 English Gojo_Satoru 2021-01-14 18:03:31 1212 Initial revision (saved to drafts)