Language barrier in Czech Republic
Разница между en1 и en2, 3 символ(ов) изменены
Recently I had a talk with my Indian friend who had moved to Czech Republic a while back. [2 years to be specific]↵

He seems to have a great interest in Informatics Olympiad but as the task statements in the preliminary rounds are solely in Czech [and as he is not familiar with the language for some obvious reasons] he is not allowed to take part in the olympiad.↵

most of you guys might be thinking of a one obvious response by him, to mail them for the translation in English.↵
But here's the catch, They literally refused to translate the problem statement with an absurd reason "the extra effort wouldn't be justified"↵

I don't believe that Czech is an easy language to get fluent at within 4 years when you have to prepare for the olympiad on the side.↵

it's just not IOI, every competition the Czech republic participates in, IOI, IMO etc, all of their selection rounds are in Czech↵

He kept emailing them but they just stuck with the statement that they are not going to translate the problem statement.↵

so yeah, just wanted to let th
ise community know about this situation.

История

Правки

Rev. Язык Кто Когда Δ Комментарий
en4 Английский the_xd 2021-01-26 20:06:00 50 Reverted to en2
en3 Английский the_xd 2021-01-26 19:54:57 50
en2 Английский the_xd 2021-01-26 15:09:50 3 Tiny change: ' to let this community' -> ' to let the community'
en1 Английский the_xd 2021-01-26 15:08:18 1129 Initial revision (published)