Codeforces Vs Codechef Payments

Revision en2, by Mr_Tree_HLD_LCA_Master, 2021-02-07 16:18:06

Good morning/night/afteroon Codeforces Community,

Recently i saw the prices in Codechef and Codeforces it made me wonder how come Codehef gives much more money than codeforces and when i say much more i mean it.

The thing is that Codechef gives money to setting,testing,translation and editorialists and Codeforces only to setting as far as i know.

Lets look at the prices in Codechef (seting only):

Now from a friend of mine that is setting in Codeforces he told me that the whole Div 2 he and another one are preparing will be 200-220 euros in total.

Isnt that crazy?

That amount of money from a high quality contest in codeforces is same as a hard problem in Codechef.

I mean look at the price to set a Codechef whole contest: it comes around 530 USD.

Now i know its USD and not Euro cause i thinnk many people will say that i confused it but no i have done the calculations and i can see that even in euros its much.

One reason is that an admin told me that in Codechef Easy-Medium is same as Div 1 A / Div 2 C problem Codeforces so that means a hard probem in Codechef is around Div 1 C althought i dont believe it at all and i think most people wont believe it.So i dont think this is the reason.So anyone that has experience before and knows something please comment below.

Now lets go to the part of translation:

Testing:

And Editorialist part:

I mean here its just prices so since Codeforces doesnt pay these things there isnt much to say than just a big WHY?

Is it becuase more work,participants,what is it?

I dont think its any of those but i think a reason is maybe because Codeforces spends a lot money to preserve such good site and Codechef doesnt (thats why they have this whole situation with cheaters).

But still of course Codechef preserves its site so i still dont think it's this

It's not that i have something against Codechef or Codeforces plus that is better to whom sets problems in Codechef,i am just wondering.

I may be totally wrong but i was just trying to justify the things i saw.

Thanks

Tags #codeforces, #codechef, payments

History

Revisions

Rev. Lang. By When Δ Comment
en2 English Mr_Tree_HLD_LCA_Master 2021-02-07 16:18:06 2 Tiny change: 's just tryong to just' -> 's just trying to just'
en1 English Mr_Tree_HLD_LCA_Master 2021-02-07 16:17:24 2455 Initial revision (published)