Introducing Discode: platform for live code collaboration with voice rooms

Revision en3, by codemastercpp, 2021-06-09 13:09:57

Hello CF,

Update:

Just after releasing it I got busy and stopped working on it, but recently have made some changes:

• Rooms are now using 128-but UUIDs, so no actual chances that anyone can invade ur room without your knowledge. Your previous rooms will still be usable tho

• Large Code, Input and Output are supported now

• Font Size is editable now

• When a user joins a room, syncing is fixed

• Live code sharing has been improved and now multiple people can write on different lines, but very fast typing and typing on same line can still cause issues :catThink:

• Deployment procedure is also very easy now, so any changes in future will be refelected very soon in the actual website

So Yeah, in end it is much more usable alone than it is with many people in same room. Anyways, that's the update.

So recently I've been working on a little project which I think might be useful in CP as well, so this blog is to showcase it, it's open-source so if you like it, you can contribute as well.

Link: http://discode.southeastasia.cloudapp.azure.com/

Github: https://github.com/prince776/discode

Discode platform allows you to create rooms where you can code in an online IDE(Very similar to Sublime Text) and everyone who joins the room can see ur code live, they can also collaborate. There are also optional voice rooms that you can join for better collaboration. So some features of discord with live coding, hence discode.

This is an example of a room, as you can see a very similar setup to many sublime text users, so if your setup is not working or you're on a different system, you can code very easily here, c++ is C++ 17 so no worries. Hence I'm posting it here.

This is totally anonymous, so no need to sign up or anything just to compile code online, anyone can join any room, create any room, run any code, with no restrictions.

Your room history, theme, and language choice are stored for a better experience, but it's on the front end. Only the contents of the room are saved in a DB so you can access them later on.

Do try it and tell how you liked it, voice rooms don't work on firefox yet because navigator.mediaDevices is annoying, so if you know a fix, pls contribute.

P.S: This project might be the reason for my recent -150 delta:sadge:

History

Revisions

Rev. Lang. By When Δ Comment
en3 English codemastercpp 2021-06-09 13:09:57 863
en2 English codemastercpp 2021-05-21 19:47:16 0 (published)
en1 English codemastercpp 2021-05-21 19:46:44 1608 Initial revision (saved to drafts)