Feature Request: Consolidating Different Versions of the Same Problem

Revision en1, by Monogon, 2021-09-25 06:26:52

First of all, Codeforces is great and I like its UI much better than other platforms. But there is one issue that annoys me repeatedly. I haven't seen it discussed in a blog yet (apologies if I missed it), so I thought I'd make this request.

Sometimes I revisit a problem I solved before, and I want to see my submission. Then I get confused because I don't see my submission in the lower right corner of the problem page. Eventually, I find that I need to view a different link that shows the same problem.

Now, it makes some sense that the same problem should have different links. For example, if I'm viewing the problem in a virtual contest, I want to see the correct short-name depending on the division. If the problem is div2C, I want to see C if I got there from div2, or A if from div1. Another example is that if a problem came from the contest, I don't want to see tags, but I might if I got there from the problemset.

So, a problem can have multiple links. For example, all these 6 links go to the same problem:

Yet, I can only see a submission I made on two of them. On top of these, there's the gym section where people can create even more links to the same problem.

I hope what I'm requesting isn't too hard to implement, since all different links to the same problem ultimately point back to the same Polygon problem ID. Specifically, it would be really cool if:

• When viewing a problem, I can see the submissions I've made to it regardless of what link I used.
  • When viewing a problem, I can easily navigate to the other links that are the same problem.
  • When I submit a problem from the contest page as an author/coordinator, it will shine a green light on the problemset page that induces a well-earned dopamine hit. (Currently it seems to only work if I submit it from the problemset page, not the contest page).

Is there a good reason why one wouldn't want to view the past submissions or mark a problem with green for all versions? Should gym links be treated differently than the "official" links? Is this more challenging to implement than I estimated? Will I ever pass MikeMirzayanov in contribution? Is it rated? Please leave your opinion in the comments below.

History

Revisions

Rev. Lang. By When Δ Comment
en1 English Monogon 2021-09-25 06:26:52 2609 Initial revision (published)