Now, if you've downvoted a comment, you can report it. You should do this if you're certain that one of the rules is being violated. Currently, the list of rules is as follows:
- Hate/Offensive: The publication contains signs of hatred, racial slurs, derogatory language or intolerance. Please maintain a respectful tone; critical comments should include thoughtful reasoning.
- Threats/Harassment: Content that contains explicit threats or harassment, including cyberbullying or stalking, is subject to censorship. Codeforces aims to create a safe and respectful environment for its users.
- Violation of privacy: Content that discloses personal or confidential information about an individual without their consent, such as addresses, phone numbers, or financial details, can be censored.
- Spam/Commercial: Content that is purely promotional, contains excessive links, or includes irrelevant commercial offers. We want to maintain the quality of discussions and prevent users from being inundated with unrelated or unwanted content.
- False information/Misinformation: Content that spreads false information, misinformation, or conspiracy theories may be subject to censorship, particularly if they have the potential to cause harm or mislead others.
- Offtopic: The content is not relevant to the subject being discussed. When leaving a comment, it should pertain to the topic of the parent blog post or parent comment. When writing a blog post, it should be somehow connected to programming contests, algorithms, coding, or be interesting to a significant portion of users.
- No reasonable content: The content lacks any meaning or is not interesting to almost the entire audience of the website.
- Poorly formatted/written: The content is deliberately or accidentally written in a way that makes it difficult to read: it disregards formatting rules or contains numerous errors that impede comprehension. Please use a preview before publishing and automated proofreading systems if you are unsure about your grammar proficiency.
- Duplicate content: This content has already been discussed, and a new discussion will not bring anything new. The author can find answers on their own by using a search engine.
- Invalid language: Acceptable languages are only English and Russian. When creating content in the system, it is necessary to select the correct language (as a result, content in Russian will not be displayed in the English-language interface). Minimal use of other languages for stylistic purposes is allowed. For example, you can greet in your native language in a post, emphasizing your origin.
- Cheating/Spread of cheating: The content should not contribute to encouraging cheating or other rule violations. It is prohibited to publish links to any sources containing such content.
- Discussion of ongoing contest problems: It is strictly prohibited to discuss problems, solutions, ideas, and problem topics, as well as express your opinion about them if a contest is still ongoing and such discussions are not explicitly allowed by the event organizers. Please refrain from making any comments regarding problems until the competition is over.
This feature is currently only available for the Div. 1. Let's see how it works, and maybe I'll expand the boundaries a bit.
In the administrative interface, there is an option to quickly respond to complaints. So, if you think there's a violation, please use this feature. In the case of a complaint, I can't guarantee that the comment will be deleted, but the administration will definitely review your complaint.
If you have any ideas on how to improve (expand?) the list above, please write them in the comments. It would be preferable if your suggestions included precise formulations for both a brief title and a more detailed explanation. However, I don't want to make this list too long. It would be good to limit it to a maximum of 15 items. I plan to make it so that this list is visible when writing a comment.
I designed this subsystem in such a way that it can be implemented not only for comments but also for posts or other units of content. Let's see how it works and continue with the implementation.
Did everyone just decide to see how it works and downvote the first comment?
we do a little bit of trolling
Bro might be questioning his life decisions right now
Can former div.1 participants use this feature?
Yes, actually max rating is used.
what will happen to some phrases like the "orz"?
No reasonable content or spam. It would be cool if we can also see the reason vise distribution
Do this rules apply to old comments as well? I’m curious because I find some of the old blogposts/comments really funny, but they can be deleted as spam or offtop(which, to be honest, makes me upset). And overall, the comment can be deleted based on the number of downvotes, or is it completely decided by moderators?
Would this motivate someone strong enough to get a fake account to div1 and start reporting to troll, I wonder?
is there any chance that i will become GM
Too many options might lead to fewer people using the feature. For example, I would combine offtopic with "no reasonable content".
How is this feature available to me?
I meant I have this feature already
oh, it works by max rating
Nice!But how can I take part in div1?
You need 1900 rating.
That's great! What about also allowing to undo upvote/downvote?
I propose the following:
I basically copied these rules from stackoverflow.
Why onlycomments? I think it should be available for blogs too