Hi Coders! I hope everyone of you is doing great! A member of my Discord server BadalArya recently came up with an idea to conduct a 75 Hard challenge (similar to the fitness one) for coding. I am excited to announce that we have concluded the development of the bot and have integrated it to our discord server to help coders track their progress for this challenge. This is how the challenge looks:
- The bot provides 2 problems daily to each user (who ask for the challenge using the command ";hard75 letsgo"). These problems are based on the users cf rating (one problem is of the same rating and other is of +200 level NOTE: both these ratings are rounded to nearest 100).
- On completion the user has to instruct the bot to check the progress using the command ";hard75 completed", the bot then checks whether user has completed both the problems on codeforces and accordingly saves his progress and the streak.
- On completion of 75 days the bot would acknowledge the completion and would then plot your progress chart (This would be interesting to look at and to observe any clear relation b/w the progress (rating) and the consistency).
- Anyone who skips a day would have his current streak set back to 0, (although the longest streak would always be saved on the system and these statistics can be analysed by using ";hard75 streak").
- To propagate a healthy competition environment users can check the top competitors (the ones who have the highest streak) using the command ";hard75 leaderboard".
We do have plans to make the recommended problems even better by using the problems from acodedaily.com blog aka ACD Ladders. Any suggestions from anyone for improving the bot or making it more interesting is highly appreciated.
I would really like to thank DenjellBoone for his contributions to the original TLE bot which serves as the base bot for our server and all his help in developing this bot too. Thanks vedantmishra69, manishjha91, glenjp123, BadalArya and everyone else who helped to test this bot and make it better!
UPDATE 1: ~300 people already started the challenge!, this was beyond expectations. Participants range from newbies to Legendary Grand Master! It would definitely be interesting to observe the kind of push this challenge would give to people from varied expertise level!
UPDATE 2 (Week 1 concludes): The contestant rating varies from 3064 (LGM) to 0 (unrated). 375+ people have participated in the contest so far and 83 have a unbroken streak for now!
UPDATE 3 (Week 2 concludes): 400+ coders registered! several people (including me) reported that they've seen an improvement in their logic building due to the daily efforts (but it's too soon to make any bold claims). There was one unfortunate incident- codeforces api was down for the night and to help people maintain their streak, I manually updated the db.