Often I notice in CF posts apology sentences about bad English. I think this time has come!
Useful sites, videos, podcasts, books, and other resources for learning English.
Websites and apps for learning English
- https://ru.duolingo.com/ (there are different languages)
- https://www.italki.com/ (there are different languages)
- http://rachelsenglish.com/ — descriptions and examples of the pronunciation of sounds and words
- https://linguatrip.com/ru/ — language schools around the world
- https://speekify.com — spoken American English training
- https://www.oxfordlearnersdictionaries.com/wordlist/english/oxford3000/ — list of words to memorize (by frequency of use)
Useful tools and links
- Grammarly: Free Grammar Checker and Writing Assistant https://www.grammarly.com/ (there is a browser plugin)
- https://youglish.com/ — YouTube subtitle search
- https://fluent.express/ — checking English texts by native speakers
- https://www.reddit.com/r/JudgeMyAccent/ — subreddit
- https://www.thoughtco.com/esl-business-english-4133088 — English for Business and Work
Recommendations from British Council Russia
https://www.conversationexchange.com/ — an excellent resource for finding language partners.
https://www.italki.com/ – very active audience, you can not only look for a partner for a conversation but also send your texts for verification by native speakers.
http://lang-8.com/ — you can also not only chat with residents of different countries in English but also send texts for verification
https://mylanguageexchange.com/ — the site is visited by over three million people from 133 countries of the world, although its design is somewhat old fashioned. You can both teach your native language and learn a foreign one. There are lesson plans, voice messages, and more.
Free application http://www.hellopal.com/ — allows you to find interlocutors of any language, nationality or location. + there are phrasebooks and dictionaries designed specifically for online chat.
http://www.lingoglobe.com/ — choose an interlocutor from more than 40,000 users from different countries + free resources for language learning, language forums
https://coeffee.com/ — you can learn English by playing language games with people from all over the world.
https://www.busuu.com/ — can be 60 million users around the world, Site + free mobile app learn English by playing language games with people from all over the world.
Over 50 educational podcasts on daily everyday topics http://learnenglish.britishcouncil.org/en/elementary-podcasts
BBC Podcasts: Culture and Arts, Politics, Sports, Adventure and Even Theater Performances: www.bbc.co.uk/podcasts/radio4 www.bbc.co.uk/podcasts/worldserviceradio http://www.bbc.co.uk/podcasts
Educational podcasts for football lovers http://premierskillsenglish.britishcouncil.org/skills/listen/podcasts
A huge number of podcasts and radio shows about everything in the world https://monocle.com/
"Revived" letters performed by famous Britons: Tom Hiddleson, Andrew Scott, Benedict Cumberbatch and many others:http://letterslive.com/letters/
Spark London podcasts are analogous to the American The Moth, in which people take the stage and tell life stories in five minutes. If you don't like one story, don't despair: others will soon be on the scene: http://stories.co.uk/
6 Minute English podcasts, where presenters discuss various topics, along the way, introduce and explain new vocabularyhttp://www.bbc.co.uk/learningenglish/english/features/6-minute-english
Slow and fast voice-overs for English articles, plus new vocabulary explanations. http://deepenglish.com/blog/
http://www.internetradiouk.com/ — British radio stations
The Guardian podcasts, where modern writers read aloud their favorite short stories and novels (Advanced level): https://www.theguardian.com/books/series/short-stories-podcast their podcasts about books in general: https://www.theguardian.com/books/series/books
https://www.engvid.com/ a huge database of video lessons of different levels for learning English, after watching each video you can take a test and check the material learned
https://www.vocabulary.com cool vocabulary with games and custom word lists, good pronunciation, and many examples
http://www.innerbody.com/ anatomy vocabulary
https://www.englishclub.com/english-for-work/medical-vocabulary.htm dictionary of medical terms
- BBC Learning English https://www.youtube.com/user/bbclearningenglish
- English Lessons with Alex (engVid AlexESLvid) https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClvwNCja3aXxqiFrsKC1DPQ
- Olga Kozar and English with Experts https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIGRrUgnJBRk38tIgInEWjA
- Funny English with Dmitry More https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSmQIHN7QmKoAOSxRehAYVw
- All you need to know about English tenses in one hour https://youtu.be/nMoyrLTlLr4
- Rachel's English https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvn_XCl_mgQmt3sD753zdJA
- LinguaTrip TV https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVHjF4F2gI1LsqDYqPajjRA
- How to learn English fast https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLoDjs_CkjI64xJfN-3cMWMogRfLlISkLI
- American Pronunciation https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLoDjs_CkjI65kXmOayGvpStVJN2Oxnlz5
- The English Coach https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-g0gSStENkYPXFRsKrlvyA
- Easy and funny English with Learzing.com https://www.youtube.com/c/learzing