We should have varied time limits in contests based on Language

Revision en1, by AshrafSustS19, 2022-02-01 13:39:32

My solution got hacked in the past contest. While it is generally true that being hacked means your solution is wrong. But this is not the case here. My solution is not wrong. It's because of the language I am using to solve my problem I am getting TLE. The algorithms I used are alright, and I got TLEd by 210 ms only. It could have worked if I used a different language like cpp. Although I could use pypy, but note that pypy isn't nearly as fast as cpp even though faster that python. This issue needs to be worked on. Please don't say "just learn cpp". Competitive programming should be about solving problems the right way, not the right language. If cpp is not my primary language, I shouldn't need to learn it just to do competitive programming. And there's to note that, my reason to do cp is not to become a competitive programmer, but to get good at solving problems. And I am sure most people feel the same. If there is support for a language, there should also be support for TLE in that language. Unless there's a reason it can't be implemented

Tags tle, python

History

Revisions

Rev. Lang. By When Δ Comment
en1 English AshrafSustS19 2022-02-01 13:39:32 1120 Initial revision (published)