Problem topics for 3A — 2A

Revision en1, by djm03178, 2022-03-23 06:55:48

I've been noticing that some of the 'easiest' problems in CF rounds not to be actually easy for beginners. Indeed, most of these problems:

• Become really trivial once you notice how to destroy the problem.
  • Require one line of input, and one line of output (probably one or two ifs?), thus take <30s to code.

But in fact, to destory them, you need to be in a much advanced level. For beginners, it's really hard to ever come up with an idea to look the problem in a different way other than how it pretends to look like. So, for advanced programmers it's typical 1 min-solve problem (because the required code is so short), but for the real target audience it's just a real hard problem. Not because they don't know how to code 2 lines for input and output, but because they can't even start coding.

I think these problems should be more in a way that anyone can solve with enough time invested in them. They can really require more implementation than just input and output (because this is a programming contest), but in every way I think the solution should be more straightforward and be easily found just by reading the description carefully.

How are your opinions? Please leave a comment below.

History

Revisions

Rev. Lang. By When Δ Comment
en1 English djm03178 2022-03-23 06:55:48 1253 Initial revision (published)