How to un-become Master

Revision en1, by Marinush, 2022-06-16 20:48:17

Since a lot of people have asked me for a tutorial on how to un-become Master I decided to post one. So, here are the ways I managed to un-become Master after a lot of effort and hard work.

Have a life

Having a life is the easiest and most efficient way to un-become Master on Codeforces. Relax, spend time with your family, friends, and relatives, and just live your life. Go outside from time to time. Play sports, watch movies, and go out with your friends.

Get a job

Getting a job is another perfect way to un-become Master. You have way less time to focus on Competitive Programming and way more worries which is perfect for losing rating. In my personal experience, after I got an internship at a prestigious company I started to not care so much about competitive programming because in the end of the day virtual rating on Codeforces is meaningless.

Get a girlfriend

Having a girlfriend instantly brings your free time to 0, which might sound tragic but actually is a great thing. You realize there are more important things than virtual points and you start thinking about a future with your loved one. At the same time, you are usually tired at rounds times because of reasons I won't disclose publically.

Get a boyfriend

Having a boyfriend instantly brings your free time to 0, which might sound tragic but actually is a great thing. You realize there are more important things than virtual points and you start thinking about a future with your loved one. At the same time, you are usually tired at rounds times because of reasons I won't disclose publically.

Learn and use only C

We all know that C is the vastly superior programming language. Sadly, it's not doing so well in the CP department, but that's nothing to worry about, because all the problems are made up, and have much cleaner and faster solutions in pure C.

Participate when you feel sick

Feeling sick decreases your concentration, thinking, and logic capabilities, which is perfect for a huge rating loss! Try getting sick by sleeping with your AC open or just going to many parties in regions with a high concentration of covid cases (It's more optimal if you aren't vaccinated).

Stop caring about Codeforces Rating

Once you stop caring about Codeforces rating you don't have the same motivation to perform well in contests. You think to yourself "Do I really need to sell my soul and solve this problem I hate for some virtual points?" well you do, in case you want to gain a rating, but in this scenario, you can remain with your soul at peace!

Read books.

Reading improves your way of thinking. You relate to the characters of the given book and get life lessons from them. I often learn a lot of new stuff from the books I have read in the past. Lately, I have read Ion and used his technique to get a girlfriend.

Don't Watch Madoka Magica

Madoka Magica is one of the best ways to gain Codeforces rating (It was proven by many CPers and I won't explain why here, feel free to consider the proof as an exercise for the reader.), so by not watching it, you are basically dividing your rating by at least a factor of 2.

History

Revisions

Rev. Lang. By When Δ Comment
en1 English Marinush 2022-06-16 20:48:17 3233 Initial revision (published)