ICPC Dhaka: Call for Fun Facts

Revision en1, by SecondThread, 2022-11-05 00:12:18

Fun Facts About World Finals Teams

Are you participating in ICPC World Finals in Dhaka this week? Is someone from your team competing in World Finals? Did your best friend's brother meet someone whose cousin competed in regionals against a team who qualified? If so, we'd love to get some fun facts about the world finals team from you!

If you have any, please submit your fun facts in this google form, or send them in a private message to me, SecondThread, on Codeforces!

What kind of facts are you looking for?

Well variety is what makes things exciting, so we don't want to limit it too much. But for some inspiration, some good ones we've seen in the past include:

• I play Smash Melee competitively in my free time
  • One of our team members (his_handle) is getting married within a week of finals
  • I'm surprisingly not actually a Computer Science major, instead I'm majoring in x and plan to use it for y.
  • 2/3 of our team uses the non-C++ programming language X.
  • This weird thing happened at regionals when we qualified.
  • Our team practiced pretending to get questions wrong so that when we solved the last problem we didn't ruin the scoreboard reveal for anyone.
  • One of our teammates really likes cycling and once biked over 100 miles in a single day.
  • Last year, we were the highest-scoring team at the NAC not to make World Finals, by 27 minutes of penalty time
  • Our team's mascot is X which we use for Y

Or really anything else that you think is unique or interesting.

What will these be used for?

I'll be commentating during the ICPCLive World Finals stream. Similarly to how we did this during the 2022 North American Championships Stream, we'll use the content in these facts to make the stream more personal, and hype up your team when you submit a problem when we're watching the scoreboard.

We're looking to get at least one fact per team. I'll be bothering you in person in Dhaka before the contest if you don't submit one, so might as well just make it easy on yourself and do it online now to avoid all potential human interactions later on, right? Just fill out this google form, or DM SecondThread!

History

Revisions

Rev. Lang. By When Δ Comment
en1 English SecondThread 2022-11-05 00:12:18 2468 Initial revision (published)