Companies interested in hiring a Competitive Programming background new grad?

Revision en6, by Diegogrc, 2023-05-23 18:55:56

Hello everyone!

I'm reaching out to ask for your help in finding companies that are currently hiring new graduates with a competitive programming background. I recently received news from Google and Meta that they would not be able to extend me an offer due to business reasons, despite having interned at Meta and successfully completing the interview process with Google.

As a recent graduate, I am eager to start my professional career and continue learning and growing. However, given the current economic situation in the US and other countries, finding job openings and securing interviews has been a significant challenge. Additionally, finding sponsors for visas has been another hurdle to overcome.

I have experience working in big tech, having completed four internships at Meta, and I also have a strong background in competitive programming, including two ICPC WF and IOI competitions. I know that this type of profile can be attractive to companies, but I am unsure where to look now.

Thank you all for any assistance you can provide. I understand that many of us are facing similar struggles, but I hope we can all find opportunities to develop professionally and achieve our goals.

UPD:

I just wanted to share some good news and information with the community. Things have now worked out, as I will be joining D.E. Shaw & Co. Thanks for all the help and support of the community during these tough times! It really did helped me a lot pushing through and finding opportunities and just knowing that I was not alone.

I wanted also to mention which companies did end up giving me an opportunity to interview, as I know some of you might also be struggling finding interviews, and you might find something helpful with these companies. The companies that I had interviews with were:

• D.E. Shaw & Co
  • Citadel
  • Jane Street
  • Square
  • Pinterest
  • Wood Mackenzie
  • QuantCo

Note: This was all between January and May 2023

I hope the best for all the community, and please feel free to reach out if you need any assistance, as I have been trough this process for a couple of months and it was for sure tough and hard on my mental health.

Tags jobs, software engineering

History

Revisions

Rev. Lang. By When Δ Comment
en6 English Diegogrc 2023-05-23 18:55:56 11 Tiny change: 'ackenzie\n\nNote: ' -> 'ackenzie\n- QuantCo\n\nNote: '
en5 English Diegogrc 2023-05-23 18:53:36 1046
en4 English Diegogrc 2023-03-13 21:11:06 7
en3 English Diegogrc 2023-03-12 23:32:56 13
en2 English Diegogrc 2023-03-12 23:27:35 989 adjustments
en1 English Diegogrc 2023-03-12 23:26:03 1412 Initial post (published)