You have free time — read this blog ;)

Revision en3, by allllekssssa, 2015-06-23 10:18:04

Hello everybody !

School is finished. I am in the village. I don't have fast internet and I won't do next competition :(
But, I can write new topic with my 'potato' English with no word HELP ( so you can relax and read next part :D ) !

During this break I plan to learn a lot of things. First I start with learning C++ . Pascal is great language and help me a lot, but without C++ you can't do something very fast and good on the competitions (when I had to write some algorithm with graphs (even dfs) or I had to write SET , always i said — NO WAY , GO TO NEXT TASK ). Now I will change it and no more crying for bad results :)

I also plan to learn many graphs and string algorithms ( now a know 4-5 graphs algo. , KMP and hashing ( everything harder I do with hashing), also I know trie but it wasn't necessary to coding it on any contest ). Normally I plan to do every competition on the summer :D

What will you do during vacation ?

Second part of this blog is about preparing tasks for contest.

My friend and I prepared one contest, for me it was very interesting and good experience. I hope you like our problems... Sorry for hard div 2 round, next time I'll give my best to make better contest. I recived a lot of messages about our contest, many messages were grat, but also I recived some insluts. Please, don't write me it again :) Everything I do because I love programming and this community, maybe I deserved insults , but you don't talk about my friends, proffesor and country on that way !

The last few days I invented many new problems ( I believe I have enough problems for 2 contest ). But I will try with my friend , to come up some very hard problems( D, E div 1), for other problems I think I have enough ideas to devise a daily div 2 contest :D Please give me advice, how I can invent hard problems ( I know it isn't easy and you must know a lot about programming and contests) , but tell me how did you come up your 'famous tasks' ?

Also, If you have some impressions of our contests or some intresting problems on codeforces , I like to hear it .

At the end, I will write one my task ( certainly something like this already exist, but I didn't see it before) :

PROBLEM 1

You have plane with n points (-10^6<=Xi,Yi <=10^6, n<=10^5). You should draw a line which will contain the most points from this set. Print the number of points on this line. (I didn't solve this task, but I expect you can find some solution lower than O(n^2)).

PROBLEM 2

You have plane with n points ( -100<=Xi,Yi<=100, n<=50). Find minimum number of lines needed to cover all the points . ( For previous problem I had some solution, but for this I can't find something normal ).

Thanks for reading, sorry for Englsih and solve tasks ;)

P.S. I can add more intresting tasks.

History

Revisions

Rev. Lang. By When Δ Comment
en3 English allllekssssa 2015-06-23 10:18:04 260
en2 English allllekssssa 2015-06-22 20:50:38 5 Tiny change: 'xpect you have find some' -> 'xpect you can find some'
en1 English allllekssssa 2015-06-22 19:11:29 2618 Initial revision (published)