Competitive programming streams

Revision en5, by I_love_Tanya_Romanova, 2015-07-22 08:43:46

Hi everybody :)

There were several topics about live streams recently (24h event by Mimino at HackerRank, live streams with enot110 solving Timus...). I already have an experience of making a screencast, and now I am also going to try live streaming.

Streaming real contests isn't a good idea :) Also I am not a huge fan of solving OJ; so the question of choosing idea for first stream is still open.

Right now I think that the best idea would be to open SPOJ (I was never really active at this OJ, there are not a lot of problems solved at my account there — and I have a lot of easy problems remaining) and start solving some tasks there. But I am open to suggestions and ideas)

I am not aiming at making it very interesting/entertaining (so maybe it will be simply about me listening to music and writing code... so boring...); also I am not going to do some lecturing or things like that — I am both not good enough for it and not interested in it:)

Maybe it will be a long one (24 hours does not sound like a limit) — or maybe it will be too boring for me and I'll stop very soon.

I'll update this post with more details later :) Hope to see some nice ideas in comments.

UPD. Probably I'll start a session on Monday morning, I'll try solving easy SPOJ problems (and maybe also some tasks which you had suggested) and I'll use Twitch, as StoneCold_ suggested. Need to get familiar with it now :) I'll post a link and any further updates here.

UPD. #2 Here is Twitch channel. I'll start approximately at 6 A.M. on Monday.

UPD. #3 Approximate schedule of future streams has been published at Twitch channel.

Tags live stream

History

Revisions

Rev. Lang. By When Δ Comment
en5 English I_love_Tanya_Romanova 2015-07-22 08:43:46 120
en4 English I_love_Tanya_Romanova 2015-07-19 21:35:46 222 Tiny change: '.\n\n**UPD2** Here i' -
en3 English I_love_Tanya_Romanova 2015-07-18 03:40:47 391
en2 English I_love_Tanya_Romanova 2015-07-15 23:51:14 4 Tiny change: 'ot aiming on making it' - (published)
en1 English I_love_Tanya_Romanova 2015-07-15 23:39:16 1312 Initial revision (saved to drafts)