Educational 24h livestream by me (Psyho) during the Marathon24

Revision en4, by Psyho, 2015-11-24 22:21:12

Some of you may read my previous post. It's official now, so I can safely say that this will happen.

In short:

• As in title, I will be doing a 24h stream during the Marathon24. Sleeping not allowed.
  • 28/11 Saturday 9:15 AM GMT+1 to 29/11 Sunday 10:15 AM GMT+1 — I'm starting 1 hour before the contest, that's why it's 25 hours.
  • I will be screencasting throughout the whole time + I will explain what and why I'm doing. The emphasis is on educational aspect. This means, that probably I won't perform too good, but at least you'll know everything that goes through my head.
  • My code should be available online (almost sure) + I'll maintain current TODO/schedule lists (100% sure). I'm also usually quickly writing a rich visualizer. You should be able to easily hop in at any moment and understand what's currently happening in 5-10 minutes at most.
  • If you don't know/don't care about Marathon24, don't worry. This should be interesting even for people who only do "classic" contests. At the same time, it's unique occasion to experience what it feels like to participate in 24h contest. Or experience, me experiencing the 24h event. Or... um... whatever :)
  • You will be able to ask questions during the stream. Either via twitch chat or twitter (links below).

Links:

• Twitch Stream — streaming will happen here
  • FB event — save the event date, invite people, etc.
  • Twitter — you can tweet me if you have any questions during the stream (otherwise use twitch chat)
  • Boring Interview — honestly, it's not that interesting

Other:

• I might do a testing stream on Thursday. That depends on my available time. If I'm going to do that, I'll just solve some random old MM from Topcoder (or you can suggest me one), that I never touched before. I guess this way, people would finally have their SA tutorial :)
  • If you would like to spread the news it would be awesome! I'm doing insane preparations for this, so I really hope that as many people will show up as possible. Right now, I stopped working on designing room escapes just to prepare for this live stream :) Anything would help. Upvoting, sharing on social media, telling your mom :)
  • I thought about doing 10 push-ups every time my code doesn't compile, but I might collapse after 4-6 hours :)

If you have any questions or suggestions, let me know.

Tags livestream, screencast, psyhogonewild, marathon24

History

Revisions

Rev. Lang. By When Δ Comment
en4 English Psyho 2015-11-24 22:21:12 33 (published)
en3 English Psyho 2015-11-24 17:57:25 84 Tiny change: 'hours :)\n' -
en2 English Psyho 2015-11-24 17:42:49 834
en1 English Psyho 2015-11-24 17:30:51 1855 Initial revision (saved to drafts)