IOI 2016 using PCMS2?

Revision en1, by Namnamseo, 2016-08-08 04:37:59

ITC has a CMS but Russia has its own for IOI 2016. (from Minutes of IC February meeting)

Thought of nothing but a private fork of CMS...

Hi everyone! IOI 2016 is just a few days left, hope everyone's working out all right.

IOI 2016 is going to use PCMS2, and I have no idea about it. The committee opened IOI 2015 virtual practice sessions (one for each day) and IOI 2016 online practice session. Testing through those, these are a few things that I noticed:

• CMS uses Bootstrap to decorate and prettify elements.
  • PCMS2 doesn't — PCMS2's graphics looks similar to DOMjudge. It gives you just enough things for the contest, with a few background-colored texts. It does not auto-refresh (if I didn't miss something).
  • CMS gives you the full feedback (in most of the cases it is used, including IOI); it grades your solution against every test cases, and shows you the result for each test cases — including verdict(AC/WA/TLE/MLE/RE/CE/etc.) and time & memory spent.
  • PCMS2's feedback is less; its feedback for sample test cases is just like CMS, but for scored subtasks, it shows something like: 'Score = 0; Time limit exceeded, test 95'. And yet, for IOI 2015 contests, we need to 'Request feedback'. If I press the button, it asks me if I am 'sure that you want to request feedback'.
  • If I click on 'Monitor' button in IOI 2016 online practice session, I get logged out.

Sorry for my querulous tone. I personally like the interface and functions of CMS, and I keep finding myself comparing CMS and PCMS2.

I really don't mind if the buttons don't change color when hovered, or the corners of boxes are not round, or the site is not automatically refreshed. But I'm really doubtful of the feedback; it might sound obvious, but I find it much better to have a full feedback, especially when looking for the mistakes I made.

Also, the 'request feedback' feature: I can think of no other reasons for this but to use tokens, which limits the chances to 'request feedback'. But... they won't, will they?

I have no experience with PCMS2, but the system seems to have been used for quite a few years. At least for 6 years? Was it used (often) in other regular/large contests? If so, how was it? How was it compared to CMS?

Thank you :D see you in a few days!

Tags pcms2, ioi 2016

History

Revisions

Rev. Lang. By When Δ Comment
en1 English Namnamseo 2016-08-08 04:37:59 2380 Initial revision (published)