Becoming IM by 2020

Revision en1, by HosseinYousefi, 2019-02-08 14:14:40

Hi CF community.

I'm registered in Codeforces for more than 6 years. I did ~100 contests, and yet I'm an expert, my max rating is for 4 years ago. I'm not consistent with my training, I train one month before each ICPC regional and then I let it go, after failing to go to world finals I tell myself that I'll train the next year but I don't! I almost never upsolve any problem after the contest ends. I lose my motivation if I do badly in a contest or two (even if it's because of the contest itself).

See, I recognize the problem and I also know the solution: train consistently, upsolve, etc. I always knew the solution and yet I never act on it.

But enough is enough. I have only 2 more years to participate in ICPC. I have decided to train harder and more consistent, but in order to stick to my goal, I want to share it. (although it's not a great idea, I think it works for me)

I want to become an International Master by the end of 2019, meaning I want to have a max rating >= 2300. I know it is a really really hard goal to achieve in a year, but I want to commit, no matter what.

I'm starting with a rating of ~1800, and I want to post contents regularly to update you about my training, my progress and the cool ideas/problems that I come across during my training, so stay tuned.

Any hint, tip or advice is highly appreciated.

Cheers!

History

Revisions

Rev. Lang. By When Δ Comment
en1 English HosseinYousefi 2019-02-08 14:14:40 1386 Initial revision (published)