CP Editor 4.0: New year update
Difference between en9 and en10, changed 56 character(s)
Check : https://cpeditor.github.io↵
==================↵
Hi guys!↵

**Happy new year**, may this year brings a lot of AC and high ratings to you. This winter break I decided to improve the CP editor and after days and hours of works and thousands of lines of code changes I am glad to present the new CP Editor. **Everything has changed**, except the functionality. It is now much faster, more professional looking and offers many new features which were highly requested in old versions.↵

Let's quickly dive into the changes of **CP Editor 4.0**:↵

#### What's New↵

- You can now **drag and resize the editor** or input boxes, you can also make editor take complete space of window by dragging all the way to right. You can also make Input and other boxes take complete window by dragging all the way to left. You can drag from sides to undo these changes. ↵

- Editor has now **5 themes to choose from** (Light (default), Drakula ,Monkai (sublime), Solarised and Solarised Dark). These themes only affect the Editor not the complete application.↵

- *Multi-Tab-Support*, You can open and work with as many files as you want all at once. In **each tab you can use different language**, each tab has its own Input and Output Boxes and they are all independent of one another. I don't have to say more, its amazing.↵

- You can now **parse the complete Contest** and each problem with its input and expected output will open in the editor in a new Tab, you can quickly toggle between problems that way. So as soon as the contest starts, click that green button from contest page and all problems from A to G(last) will open in a new tab in the editor. You can quickly just change the language of one Tab by clicking on top right corner, and choosing the new language. This will come in handy when you find that a problem could be better solved with *Python* than *C++*.↵

- Some of you requested that `CTRL+Shift+C` was too much typing for you to compile your code. So, Now you can set your own keybinding for actions like *Compile*, *Run*, *Compile Run*, *Format* and *Kill*. So Change these keys directly by setting them from Preferences. You need to enable hotkeys to enable these changes.↵

- The Settings were all messed up and the old editor didn't had one place to change all settings. This changed with CP Editor 4.0, now all your **settings are placed in one place** called *Preferences*, Open preferences window by clicking on menu bar `Options->Preferences` and change the settings you want and click apply for changes to take effect. Here is how it looks.↵

![ ](/predownloaded/52/a0/52a0a3806c8ee263f88b07b1b030394906223389.jpg)↵

- Editor now **shows time of execution** on each testcase in milliseconds. ↵

- Editor now **correctly highlights numeric literals** in C++ like `135u`, `3.5f`. In older versions, this was not highlighted as literals.↵

- You can set **different template files for different languages**. The editor will load them according to the default language you choose. ↵

- When you open a file in editor using `Open` or `right-click->open with`, the editor will set its language from the file extension. If it cannot recognize the extension, it will fallback to the default language that you have specified in preferences.↵

### Notes↵

This update changes a lot of things and here are few things you should make sure, the compile command of your current language will be no-longer valid. You have to again set the compile command after you update to 4.0. You also need to again set the template file for your language.↵

**System-wide** dark theme that was introduced in CP Editor 2.0 has been deprecated and no-longer available in 4.0. Qt does not support Dark theme officially on Windows, so until it does I am not bringing it back. The Dark theme was a big CSS hack that makes Qt Apps look Dark, so to mitigate any UB that may arise due to use of such Hacks, I removed dark theme.↵

But for Linux users, if you change theme from System Settings, the Editor should change to dark theme that is controlled by your OS. (Tested on KDE Plasma)↵

### Downloads and Sources↵

You can head over to the [release page](https://github.com/coder3101/cp-editor2/releases) and download `4.0.3` (latest). Windows users will download the setup file and Any Linux user can download the AppImage and run the file. MAC users, are requested to compile the editor from source. It is difficult for me to package dmg for MAC since I don't own a mac now. Instructions on compiling is available [here](https://github.com/coder3101/cp-editor2/#building-for-source)↵

The Source code of this project is licensed under GNU GLP3. Your contributions are welcomed. The repository could be found at https://github.com/coder3101/cp-editor2↵

### Support↵

I am a student like most of you, not a corporate person. You can support the project by two ways:↵

- Spread the word about the Editor, Star the repository and contribute to the project.↵
- If you are lazy, Download the new Editor Go to `Help => Support me` and donate.↵

History

Revisions

Rev. Lang. By When Δ Comment
en10 English snapdragon3101 2020-03-03 22:01:31 56 Tiny change: 'Hi guys!\n' -> 'Check : https://cpeditor.github.io\n==================\nHi guys!\n'
en9 English snapdragon3101 2020-01-03 13:32:49 0 Tiny change: '2\n\n### Su' -> '2\n\n### Special\n\n### Su' (published)
en8 English snapdragon3101 2020-01-03 13:31:05 3
en7 English snapdragon3101 2020-01-03 13:27:42 140
en6 English snapdragon3101 2020-01-03 13:17:41 701
en5 English snapdragon3101 2020-01-03 13:06:20 1617
en4 English snapdragon3101 2020-01-03 12:46:31 349
en3 English snapdragon3101 2020-01-03 12:36:12 439
en2 English snapdragon3101 2020-01-03 12:30:45 1798
en1 English snapdragon3101 2020-01-02 13:58:07 135 Initial revision (saved to drafts)