Introducing the Red Crab Inn: A Discord Bot to Play Reaper

Revision en2, by Agnimandur, 2021-01-01 06:37:44

Hello Codeforces!

What is Reaper?

Reaper Logo
Reaper is a math game all about timing, strategy, and patience. It was developed by folks at AOPs, and many games have been played on that site. How Reaper works is that whenever you reap, you get points equal to the current time and the time of the last person to reap. Additionally, there is a cooldown between reaps. Thus, the strategy is deciding when to reap. If you wait too long someone else might reap and you won't get your points. If you reap too quickly, you will get very few points which is very inefficient, due to the cooldown. Thus, you need to find the optimal time to reap, and also finetune your reaping strategy based on your opponents.

Standard versus Blitz Reaper

Standard Reaper usually has a long reap cooldown, usually in the range of several hours to a day. Thus, these games usually take days or weeks to finish, and require patience. Usually, standard reaper games have dozens or even hundreds of competitors! Blitz games are very different. They have very short reap cooldowns, usually around 10 seconds. Blitz games usually are very quick to finish, so players are recommended to continuously play from beginning to end! Although strategy is important in both modes, in Blitz reaper keeping track of your opponent's reap cooldowns is critical to success! Of course, the Red Crab Inn has complete support for both modes!

Inviting the Bot To YOUR Server

Setting up the bot is easy. Simply add the bot to a Discord server in which you are an administrator using the link above. Then, in any channel, simply type in $reaper. This will automatically create all the channels and roles the bot needs to function! That's it! You're done setting up the bot, and you can immediately move on to starting your first game!

Help

Help Menu
The Red Crab Inn bot supports many commands for optimal gameplay ease. At any point if you need help, simply type in help into the #reaper channel (created by the bot) to pop up the help menu. Of course, if you have any questions, concerns, or other queries please please direct message me on either Discord or Codeforces!

Source

All Reaper game code was written by me in Python, using the discord.py library, and hosted on repl.it. The idea for the game of Reaper is taken from AOPs. Check out the public github repository for more! If you find Reaper interesting, please share the bot with your friends!

Thank you for reading this article, and I hope you enjoy playing Reaper with friends!

Public Server

If you want to play on the Reaper Public Server, maintained by myself, click the above link.

Tags games, reaper, discord

History

Revisions

Rev. Lang. By When Δ Comment
en2 English Agnimandur 2021-01-01 06:37:44 149 Added link to the Public Reaper Server
en1 English Agnimandur 2021-01-01 03:47:27 3030 Initial revision (published)