RATING MATTER OR NOT!!! Why cheating has increased in recent times??
Difference between en1 and en2, changed 161 character(s)
Short answer:**NO**↵

_Long answer_ :↵

Hey coders if you are new to programming then I let you know↵
`competitive programming is a sport `  which people do for fun .↵

Now come to the biggest issue `CHEATING IN CODING CONTESTS!! and thirst for High rating`  **Youtubers and many people **  are making beginners believe that good rating and high star will make your chance higher for getting into xyz companies. **But is this reality?**↵

**No...Actually a big no**↵

Never ever has high rating benifited you in placements.Yeah some people will tell you that high rating will provide you referals ,but if you are freshers then referal is going to do nothing help in your hiring rounds.↵

**Okk now so Why coding? What is the perks of doing cp??**↵

First of all cp is not for those who want to _showoff their rating among friends_ ↵

Cp is fun.Whenever I give contest and get AC on comparatively harder question,it give me big dopamine boost.And this is not the only reason for me to do cp.Like when I compared myself with what I used to be two year ago ,I had changed lot.I had 0 knowledge of dsa then and now I know many of the good topics like segment tree,graph algorithms.... Cp will somewhat make you more disciplined and focussed and made you gain knowledge in best way.↵

**CONCLUSIONS** So if you are still doing cp for placement(high rating!) then just stop doing this cause high rating will be ignored in cv just like `came first in many local coding contest` .You better do leetcode and gfg it will help you more than cp.↵

But if you are doing cp for seeking knowledge and getting dopamine boost then keep doing till you enjoy..↵

**Now if you are doing cp for fun then I expect you are never going to cheat!!**

**If you are downvoting this blog then I assuming you had also cheated in past and you are that influenced kid which think high rating will make you famous**

History

Revisions

Rev. Lang. By When Δ Comment
en2 English cpforfunCmnt 2021-01-27 12:20:13 161
en1 English cpforfunCmnt 2021-01-27 11:55:16 1803 Initial revision (published)