Rating changes for last rounds are temporarily rolled back. They will be returned soon. ×

Coincidental similar submissions in Codeforces Round #747
Difference between en1 and en2, changed 30 character(s)
Sorry in advance for my poor English, I am not a native speaker. If I made any part unclear or ambiguous, please comment and I will try to elaborate.↵

I got a message 
from [user:System,2021-10-10] mentioning that my submission [131185521](https://codeforces.com/contest/1594/submission/131185521) significantly coincides the submission [131179762](https://codeforces.com/contest/1594/submission/131179762), which was submitted by [user:mig,2021-10-10], a user whom I don't know.↵

Yes I have to say that two submissions are quite similar, but it's because **the problem is expected to be solved in this simple way** (convert $k$ into base-2, then treat the binary string as a base-n number), and we both, coincidentally, choose to construct the answer starting from the least significant bit of the binary representation of $k$, in a very common way.↵

I never search for or try to search for any public accessible solution code during a contest. I code on my local machine and never publicly published my solutions to the Internet, not to mention unintentionally leaking solutions during a contest. ↵

The message I received stated that I should *have conclusive evidence that a coincidence has occurred due to the use of a common source published before the competition,* but it's not the case, we just both implemented a common bit manipulation procedure, on a simple problem, by pure coincidence.↵

That's all I want to say, this is my first time faced with such kind of problem, so I am not quite sure what else should I do, or who should I contact now. ↵

Any help is appreciated, thanks.

History

Revisions

Rev. Lang. By When Δ Comment
en2 English gogogofuxk 2021-10-10 14:46:55 30 Tiny change: 'a message mentionin' -> 'a message from [user:System] mentionin'
en1 English gogogofuxk 2021-10-10 14:45:49 1628 Initial revision (published)