A Little Question About the Voting System

Revision en2, by lovely_cyc, 2024-05-08 13:56:06

Today when I'm viewing a blog, I made an interesting discovery.

As the picture shows, these comments all have 12 downvotes, which is a bit strange. Also, many comments near them in the blog also have 12 downvotes or a number of downvotes around 12.

I noticed that in many blogs, the condition is the same. I once saw that in a comments area, many got 10 upvotes and many got 10 downvotes (however I didn't save the photo).

It's hard to say that it's all comes from coincidence. I wonder whether this is a mechanism of Codeforces voting system. That is, people with higher rating or contribution have higher weights in voting.

I don't mean that this is a bad thing. But I wonder if this mechanism exists, how many people actually knows it. I mean, if this is already open to public somewhere, Codeforces should make more people know it. If not, Codeforces should open more details about it in an official blog.

No offense to the Codeforces community, but the problem has troubled me for a long time. If anyone knows something about it or has the entry of an official blog mentioning it, please share about it. Thanks!

History

Revisions

Rev. Lang. By When Δ Comment
en2 English lovely_cyc 2024-05-08 13:56:06 78 (published)
en1 English lovely_cyc 2024-05-08 13:52:20 1221 Initial revision (saved to drafts)