My ideas about Codeforces
Difference between en4 and en5, changed 0 character(s)
Hello Codeforces!↵

I have been in Codeforces for about 7 weeks. And I love it.↵

Exciting problems, understandable and interesting problems, comments, blogs, .....↵

Codeforces, in my opinion, is the perfect environment for attending contests and solving problems for people like me.↵

And as I am using Codeforces, I got a bunch of dumb ideas that I think MikeMirzayanov shouldn't apply it into Codeforces, but if he **did**, it would be quite interesting.↵

So today I would like to share them with you guys!↵

(Please don't take this blog too seriously, this is just my ideas. And sorry for bad English, I guess)↵

1. Rating↵
==================↵
I quite agree with this website's rating. But "the International Master"'s rating ranges make nonsense, I think. Because others need at least 200 ratings to reach new colors (or new rates), while this need 100 ratings to reach Grandmaster. Also, we need a 2100 rating to reach Master, which I think is a little bit too high. So, the rating should change like this:↵

1800-2000: Candidate Master;↵

2000-2200: Master;↵

2200-2400: International Master.↵

That would be better for me.↵

2.Contests↵
==================↵

I love contests and problems here. A little bit queue and "hard to understand" problems are okay for me.↵

But the delta is a little bit too unfair, especially in Div.4. If you attended Codeforces Round #640, you might know that some pupils or even newbies have become Experts, which is too much.↵

So to make ratings fairer, I think we should make ranges of deltas higher in Div 1,2 than Div 3,4, like if in Div 2, top 1 increases 300 in ratings, in Div 4 should be like 100.↵

And also I don't think there should be too many subtasks, because it would be annoying if you can't solve the first subtask, I guess.↵

3.Emojis↵
==================↵
I am pretty much surprised that the comment section in blogs doesn't include emojis. If it has emojis, the comment section would be more diverse. Yes, I know that emojis aren't sound good at a coding website, but I want more than just :) and xD, ok?↵

4.Friend requests↵
==================↵
Let's stop a little bit to see tourist's profile.↵

![ ](https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-CfARlKW6o74/XruruXfWVdI/AAAAAAAAC3M/_tBrH1E0lwY-Q758M004Py9jZ8ML2mHeQCK8BGAsYHg/s512/2020-05-13.png)↵

You can see that he now has 25,645 friends.↵

But most of them are not **friends**.↵

They are pretty much **fans**.↵

Friends need friendship, in my opinion. According to Wikipedia, friendship is a relationship of mutual affection between people. And most of the tourist's "fans" are not.↵

I think that there should have "friend requests" to distinguish friends and fans. That would be much better to communicate with your "real" friends and not being affected by "fans". I personally like this idea the most.↵

Okay that's it! That's some of my ideas about Codeforces.↵

**And once again, this is just my ideas, don't take it too seriously.**↵

Any questions or thoughts about this blog, comment below.↵

Thanks for reading!↵

Stay safe!

History

Revisions

Rev. Lang. By When Δ Comment
en5 English Lyde 2020-05-14 14:27:04 0 (published)
en4 English Lyde 2020-05-13 13:10:18 75 Reverted to en2
en3 English Lyde 2020-05-13 13:07:29 75 Reverted to en1
en2 English Lyde 2020-05-13 12:22:14 75 (saved to drafts)
en1 English Lyde 2020-05-13 11:19:22 3018 Initial revision (published)