Hi Gurus and Colleagues!
Sorry for distracting you from coding — but e-maxx-eng project needs your advice — as you probably remember, it is a collection of articles on algorithms seen as important for mastering competitive programming :)
Since the past November project have got real boost — especially due to dedicated efforts of Jakube, adamant and other wise people. So its statistics grew several times, its content too... Over 100 articles and crawling to 1000 daily pageviews... And probably it is now a time to improve its appearance on the web by choosing a dedicated domain name.
Currently it resides on default appengine's e-maxx-eng.appspot.com. It's all right, but probably not extremely clear for people not aware of who is e-maxx, it is 3-rd level — and also clashes with Traxxas E-Maxx toy %)
So it is now tricky situation. It seems to be easy to order a dedicated domain name and bind it to the site. But we can't easily choose one. There were a few suggestions — but probably you'll be able to advice something better suitable — or vote for one of these variants:
- competitive-programming.com — bit too wide, site is not everything about CP
- cp-algorithms.com — looks good for me, though CP is used for other abbreviations...
- competitive-programming-algorithms.com — not sure anyone will type it in
- cs-algorithms.com — similar to cp-algorithms, but more known abbreviation... regretfully more wide too
- e-maxx-eng.com — not clear whether retaining E-Maxx name is a good move or bad
- hard-algorithms.com — not very clever (and like tough-algorithms, tricky-algorithms)
- algorithms-wiki.com, algorithms-hub, algo-hub — however "algohub" is already taken in several variants
So feel free to participate, to suggest, to cast your vote! Also you may express what suffix you feel suits better. Though
.com seems to be ok — I personally feel
.org may highlight it is not commercial enterprise. Also there is
.info — probably it may be more descriptive to the nature of the site.
Few Points: name should not resemble some existing domain too closely (e.g. differ in suffix and spare dash), not should be already taken of course, probably should express some relation to its content :)
Thanks in advance!