Disclaimer: I'm a curious student from National Taiwan University.
Anyone know the story?
According to the blog of C. J. Hwang., NUS have 3 qualified teams: Send Bobs to Alice, 3body2, and Pandamiao. The NUS rule said the team with lowest score wins, where score is (NUS rank of Singapore Preliminary-1)*1.1 + (NUS rank of Jakarta/Nakhon Pathom/Yangon-1)*2 + (NUS rank of Singapore-1)*2.9. Here are the scoreboards:
- Singapore preliminary: https://asiasg18-prelim.kattis.com/standings
- Jakarta: https://competition.binus.ac.id/contest/public/
- Nakhon Pathom: https://www.ict.mahidol.ac.th/acmicpc/2018/FinalScore2018/2018%20ICPC%20Asia%20Nakhon%20Pathom%20Regional%20Contest.html
- Yangon: http://www.ucsy.edu.mm/ucsy/pages/sb-aryangon2018.html
- Singapore: https://asiasg18.kattis.com/standings
The NUS ranks:
- Send Bobs to Alice: 2nd in Singapore preliminary, 2nd in Nakhon Pathom, 1st in Singapore
- 3body2: 4th in Singapore preliminary, 1st in Yangon, 2nd in Singapore
- Pandamiao: 3rd in Singapore preliminary, 1st in Nakhon Pathom, 5th in Singapore
Accordingly, the scores are:
- Send Bobs to Alice: (2-1)*1.1 + (2-1) * 2 + (1-1) * 2.9 = 3.1
- 3body2: (4-1)*1.1 + (1-1) * 2 + (2-1) * 2.9 = 6.2
- Pandamiao: (3-1)*1.1 + (1-1) * 2 + (5-1) * 2.9 = 13.8
Therefore, Send Bobs to Alice has the lowest score and should go to World Finals.