SWERC 2022-2023

Revision en3, by dario2994, 2023-02-20 09:53:50

The Southwestern Europe Regional Contest will take place on the 19th of February in Milan. It is the ICPC regional contest (i.e., the winning teams will advance to the ICPC World Finals) for teams from France, Israel, Italy, Portugal, Spain, and Switzerland.

The mirror contest SWERC 2022-2023 - Online Mirror (Unrated, ICPC Rules, Teams Preferred) will be held on Codeforces at Feb/19/2023 14:05 (Moscow time) and will last 5 hours.

The mirror contest will contain the problems from the official competition plus some additional problems.

I am the chief judge for the competition and I want to thank:

I invite you to participate in the contest and I hope that you will like the problems.

On the difficulty
The contest features problems with difficulties from div2A to div1F; so anyone can find something at their level.

Many teams with little experience participate in SWERC, so the problem set should be enjoyable also for div2 contestants. On the other hand, solving all the problems should be challenging even for the strongest teams in the world: the MIT team did not AK in 5 hours.

Rules

1. The contest is unrated, so your codeforces rating will not be affected.
  2. The scoring is ICPC-style: teams are first sorted by number of problems solved, then the time-penalty is used as a tie-break. An incorrect submission gives a 20 minutes penalty.
  3. We encourage participation as a team.
  4. If you are participating in a team, we encourage you to use only one computer for coding the solutions (as in an ICPC contest). Regarding using templates, googling, and copy-pasting code: feel free to do it.
Rationale of rule 4.

UPDATE: We hope you liked the problems!

We uploaded the editorial of the contest (you can find it at https://codeforces.com/contest/1776, among the contest materials).

The solution to problem N submitted in the mirror contest by the team Let it rot is a quadratic solution which they managed to squeeze in the time limit. This was not the expected solution. So, morally, this problem is still unsolved! In the next days I might decrease the time limit. We have a solution which gets AC in less than one second but we wanted to be generous with the time limit. It turns out, we were too generous.

Congratulations to all the participants of the onsite contest and in particular to the three teams solving 11 problems:

1. ENS Ulm 1 -- École Normale Supérieure de Paris
  2. gETHyped -- ETH Zürich
  3. P+P+P -- Harbour.Space University
Tags icpc, regionals, swerc, italy, online mirror

History

Revisions

Rev. Lang. By When Δ Comment
en3 English dario2994 2023-02-20 09:53:50 4 Tiny change: 'ations to the all the p' -> 'ations to all the p'
en2 English dario2994 2023-02-20 01:36:25 977
en1 English dario2994 2023-02-13 23:18:08 4054 Initial revision (published)