Unimportant Um_nik Update

Revision en4, by Um_nik, 2023-03-02 02:02:07

Hello Codeforces! I have some big news.

I am trying to fight depression and live a fuller life. That includes some self-realization, maybe even (I don't even want to think about it) a job. I love cp, and I love teaching, and I know I already tried that, but I believe that this is the way.

With the help of my wife, I started to work on some related projects, and today we want to share them with the world. All of them are in the early stages, but we set a hard deadline for March 1, so...

Um

Um... I am starting a series of educational YouTube videos / selected problems.

Every episode of Um is focused on one problem. I will explain how to solve this problem and talk about some related concepts. The idea is to show off some cool concepts using real problems.

The kicker: the problem is made public at least a week before the episode airs. So you can use Um as a source of problems. I will try to choose nice problems that highlight some ideas, and problems that I consider beautiful.

I am planning to do an episode every day. I might have to scale down later, but right now I'm excited. These videos will be much more scripted compared to my screencasts.

Episode 0

List of problems/episodes First week of problems is already there, the first episode will air on March 8. Note that you are able to filter the problems.

My YouTube channel

You can also join discussion channels for Um in Discord.

Um_nik World

Unfortunately, it is not an amusement park.

I created a Notion space for anything related to me. The most notable page is the Um_nik manual — my attempt to explain my notorious personality and help you communicate with me without pain.

I also created a Discord server. A place for conversations where I can ban you — what's not to like?

Um_nik Training Center 2.0

I have succumbed to requests for one-on-one lessons and I am officially starting tutoring.

This is hard for me to do. The only way to do this for me is to be completely honest. I don't see why you would want to have lessons in competitive programming. But if you do want them, you want them with me.

I don't want to break CF rules more than I already did, so... If you are interested, read the tutoring section in Um_nik World. If you are a bit interested, join the Discord server and maybe follow the Um series. If you like my videos, you will probably like my tutoring.

Tags um_nik

History

Revisions

Rev. Lang. By When Δ Comment
en4 English Um_nik 2023-03-02 02:02:07 72 (published)
en3 English Um_nik 2023-03-02 00:22:42 1900
en2 English Um_nik 2023-03-01 23:13:40 1074
en1 English Um_nik 2023-03-01 23:08:08 86 Initial revision (saved to drafts)