Sharing Educational Videos — Does this help anyone?

Revision en2, by Algorithms_with_Shayan, 2023-12-16 01:25:48

Hi Codeforces,

I'm trying to find out how exactly can I help to provide educational materials for everyone to learn Algorithms and CP.

I posted another blog about a month ago about tutoring some people. I am really happy that I have a chance to help two incredible students prepare for IOI for free. (well, I have accepted some paid classes as well)

But, of course, I could not have a class with all the people who emailed me. Therefore, over the past month, I have been thinking about what can help them out. Some people wanted me to prepare some educational videos, some wanted me to hold some online sessions for everyone, and some wanted me to talk more about the teaching approaches I was talking about.

A little about me, I'm currently pursuing a PhD degree in theoretical computer science at the University of Maryland, United States. I've always been passionate about making people familiar with computer science. I had many classes with awesome students in underserved areas of my home country, all for free. Their success in the Olympiads was incredibly rewarding, and now, I'm looking to expand my reach.

I talked to one of my friends, and he told me that he could help me prepare some videos with high quality. (filming, editing, etc.)

I've put together some sample videos and want to share them with the Codeforces community to see if they're helpful. They're currently up on Youtube, accompanied by explanations in Codeforces blog posts.

One tutorial I've worked on covers the centroid, with two videos recorded on the topic. You can find them below.

Centroid #1 | Full Explanation and Implementation

Centroid #2 | Bonus and Interesting facts

Codeforces Blog

Additionally, I've created an animation explaining the pigeonhole principle. I believe that it is mostly going to help newcomers (and kids) understand fundamental math and computer science concepts. I will finalize and upload it in the following days.

Your feedback means a lot to me! I'm open to your thoughts and suggestions on what should come next.

I acknowledge there might be issues with these initial videos. Centroid is quite advanced, and I understand many may need simpler topics first. I plan to cover those too, possibly releasing an educational video every Friday.

Your reactions to these videos will guide my next steps. If you'd like to support this initiative, liking the videos and subscribing to the channels would be very helpful.

Thank you.

PS: Yes, I am Shayan. Hats off to the people who figured that out by themselves. :))

Tags educational, video, tutorial, feedback

History

Revisions

Rev. Lang. By When Δ Comment
en2 English Algorithms_with_Shayan 2023-12-16 01:25:48 63
en1 English Algorithms_with_Shayan 2023-12-16 01:19:30 2714 Initial revision (published)