CP is too easy? Code with one hand tied behind your back

Правка en2, от estoy-re-sebado, 2023-12-26 17:16:22

Two weeks ago I broke my right hand. This is forcing me to code one-handed for the time being. One might think this is a total disaster, but I only perform 100-150 rating points below my normal (tested on a burner account), and it's getting closer the more I practice.

Some things I've noticed:

• I type and edit code at roughly 35% my usual speed
  • during contests I usually fully solve a problem in my head but lack the time to implement it
  • I rarely find the simplest solution to problems that are hard for me but, if I did, I probably would have enough time to implement it

Some conclusions to draw:

• if you are atrocious at typing, you can maybe get +100 rating points from improving it. If you're ok at it, don't bother.
  • finding simpler solutions leads to more solved problems which will increase your rating a lot more than speed

So, if you're looking for a challenge, join the club. Break your own hand with a hammer Tie one of your hands behind your back for the next rated round!

Cheers

Теги speed, implementations, problem solving

История

Правки

Rev. Язык Кто Когда Δ Комментарий
en2 Английский estoy-re-sebado 2023-12-26 17:16:22 51 Tiny change: 'the club. Tie one o' -> 'the club. <strike>Break your hand</strike> Tie one o'
en1 Английский estoy-re-sebado 2023-12-26 17:14:11 1044 Initial revision (published)