CP is trivial? Coding with both hands tied behind your back

Revision en3, by estoy-re-sebado, 2024-01-14 20:46:27

You might remember that I broke my right hand a while back. Well... I tripped on the stairs and broke my left hand now.

Since having two broken hands somewhat gets in the way of typing, I tried to use some hands-free voice-activated tool like Cursorless. Verdict: I but couldn't get used to it. Luckily I only broke my pinky finger, and can move my thumb, index and middle finger, so I am still able to type. Just even slower than before.

I did some rounds on a burner account, and I performed 200 rating points below my normal (I think my normal is around 1900, my current rating is uncommonly high).

At this point, my main bottleneck appears to be inputting code into the computer (it can take like 40 mins on some problems) so I've started experimenting with some less common strategies like starting with problem D and working backwards (in div 2). My reasoning is that, due to score distribution, it's better to run out of time to implement A and B, and only solve CD than running out of time on D and solving ABC.

It works quite well: after this change, it looks like I might be able to maintain 100 points below my normal. I will try starting with E next time, but I'm not always able to solve E, so it might not work.

Don't take anything for granted, especially your health! But remember that where there is a will, there is a way! I failed to get used to it but maybe you can tie both your hands behind your back and use Cursorless on the next rated round?

Cheers

Tags speed, implementations, problem solving, health

History

Revisions

Rev. Lang. By When Δ Comment
en3 English estoy-re-sebado 2024-01-14 20:46:27 17
en2 English estoy-re-sebado 2024-01-14 20:44:02 48
en1 English estoy-re-sebado 2024-01-14 20:42:50 1542 Initial revision (published)