Please subscribe to the official Codeforces channel in Telegram via the link https://t.me/codeforces_official. ×

About the mentality during the competition

Revision en1, by BYR_KKK, 2024-05-13 15:40:44

I recently found that my mentality during the competition is unbalanced.Specifically,when solving "simple" problems like div2 AB and Atcoder Beginning Contests DE.Based on experience,they will be simple.So I will try to find a low-level algorithm to solve them.But sometimes I may not be able to quickly solve these problems,and then I'll become anxious.

If the description in the first patagraph isn't specific enough,the performance when encountering "difficult problems" can better highlight the problem of the title.While solving problems like div2 DE and ARC D,based on experience,when encountering a seemingly simple mathod,I'll instinctively think that it is wrong and turn to thinking about high-level algorithms.But the final answer is often simple.

I can hardly regulate my mentality well.I hope you can provide some suggestions.Thank you!!!

By the way,in competitons like ICPC,my performance is much better,because its problems are not ranked according to difficulty.Even though sometimes I am influenced by rankings.

Due to my lack of proficiency in English, this article may not be very fluent.I apologize for any inconvenience caused.

History

Revisions

Rev. Lang. By When Δ Comment
en1 English BYR_KKK 2024-05-13 15:40:44 1206 Initial revision (published)