What do you think when you set problem for a programming contest/challenge.

Revision en1, by shakil_AUST, 2016-01-16 06:54:23

Hello Codeforces :)

Good Day everyone . Last week I was told to set few problems for my university's intra contest. I was thinking to set a unique idea problem that no one solved before . But what i observed that whenever i came up with an idea , it was something related with other task that i solved earlier . Problem setting is a creative task . It may not possible in a short time limit i know . Once I heard from one problem setter that it may take time of one month to set a genuine problem . I do have some experience to set problems for some online and onsite contest . But in every case i first came up with solution ( a well known pattern or common pattern ) then set story for that pattern problem . May be that is because i amn't very good problem setter and neither good problem solver :p . I think its not only mine but a lots of people question what is your motivation and thinking process behind the problem you set ? How to set unique problem that may not influenced by any other problem task available online ? Thank you all :)

Tags problem setter, thinking

History

Revisions

Rev. Lang. By When Δ Comment
en1 English shakil_AUST 2016-01-16 06:54:23 1125 Initial revision (published)