SPOJ — What the...?

Revision en5, by tenshi_kanade, 2016-06-11 17:22:56

I want to tell a curious story that happened to me while solving a problem on SPOJ. It happened a few days ago.

• Solved a problem. Submitted the code. Result: WA.
  • I, being pretty sure that my solution was correct and knowing that SPOJ's checker is an abomination, decided to resubmit the exact same code, only seconds apart from my first submission. Result: AC.
  • Not happy enough, I decided to test the unstable system of SPOJ. So I submitted the same code, for the third time. As I expected, the junk that SPOJ use went haywire again, and result was WA.

This was obviously not the first time I had problems with SPOJ and its rusty short-circuited servers. Every single time I want to solve a problem there, I know what's coming. I expect lots of unstable testing and false WA's.

So, I've made up my mind. From now on, or at least until SPOJ staff decide to do something about that junkyard they use, I'll only use SPOJ if I want to solve a problem that's not on any other online judge. Nothing will give more headaches, not even UVA with its ridiculous parsers.

OK, I just wanted to share my thoughts. Let's hope I don't get so many downvotes for my shitpost. Have a nice day!

Tags spoj, junk, judge, horseshit, stinky, abominable

History

Revisions

Rev. Lang. By When Δ Comment
en5 English tenshi_kanade 2016-06-11 17:22:56 54
en4 English tenshi_kanade 2016-06-11 17:21:33 15
en3 English tenshi_kanade 2016-06-11 17:21:06 2 Tiny change: ' Result: *AC*.\n- Not ' -> ' Result: **AC**.\n- Not '
en2 English tenshi_kanade 2016-06-11 17:20:46 10 Tiny change: 'rrect and that SPOJ' -> 'rrect and knowing that SPOJ'
en1 English tenshi_kanade 2016-06-11 17:20:05 1237 Initial revision (published)