Why We Are Going To ACM-ICPC Finals?

Revision en3, by kalimm, 2016-12-01 15:57:14

Hi Codeforces,

Me(kalimm), muratakburak and OnurYildiz have a competitive programming team which name is LogicError in TOBB ETU.

Like a month ago, we participated at SEERC 2016. When there's just a minute before the contest finished, I completed writing problem A and submitted it. It gave a wrong answer because in one line I wrote "a[i]" instead of "b[i]". I changed it immediately but I wasn't be able to submit it because contest had finished. I downloaded code to my flash drive, hoping that somebody add this problem to Gym in Codeforces.

Thanks to Temirulan, he added SEERC 2016 to Gym, I submitted my code on Codeforces, and it passed. I got very sad because we got 6th place and lost 2th place because of one tiny bug, and chance of going ACM-ICPC Finals same time.

Two days ago I got an e-mail from "ICPC Manager", which named "IMPORTANT: Please certify your team." I didn't read it carefully and I thought it was just a "certificate" about 6th place. I was just about to delete it then I thought maybe I can use that certificate some time. I clicked to e-mail but there were no links, pictures, pdfs in there. I read the first sentence and got a little heart attack,

"CONGRATULATIONS! Your team, LogicError, has advanced to the 41st Annual ACM-ICPC World Finals sponsored by IBM and hosted by Excellence in Computer Programming, Inc. from May 20–25, 2017 in Rapid City, South Dakota, USA."

I stared at my phone like WTF IS GOING ON for five minutes. Then I realised we're going to ACM-ICPC Finals.

We will be the first Turkish team which is going to finals, so we're really happy about it. It's a great success for us. However here's the main part I want to learn. Why we are going to finals? As far as I know, top 3 teams are qualified for finals. It made a big surprise for us and made us really happy.

Thanks to whoever thinks "Let's top 6 team go to finals this year"!

Tags seerc, acm icpc, stupiderdem

History

Revisions

Rev. Lang. By When Δ Comment
en3 English kalimm 2016-12-01 15:57:14 4 Tiny change: '16-12-01] and have a co' -> '16-12-01] have a co'
en2 English kalimm 2016-12-01 15:56:48 1998 (published)
en1 English kalimm 2016-12-01 15:13:48 103 Initial revision (saved to drafts)