$1500 to participate in the ACM ACPC ? but why ??

Revision en1, by wiiiw, 2017-11-25 21:47:58

Hello. First of all, I apologize if this isn't supposed to be posted on codeforces, but this is the only CP community I know. So, my team qualified to the ACM ACPC regional (Arab CPC) for the second year in a raw.And we're supposed to pay the $1500 registration fees (which is honestly A LOT for us) and I really want to know where is all this money going? also why is it mandatory to stay in a 5* hotel? why can't we just pay the judges, the organizers and the t-shirst? (maybe around $300/team) ? I tried to contact the organizers about this but no one replied to my emails. ACM say they're a non-profit organization. but with $1500 x 100 teams = $150.000 in total , I think the ACPC committe just want to make a HUGE rpofit out of students. They quality of the contest isn't even that good. they had wrong test data for a problem during most of the contests last year which affected some teams and they didn't even apologize later.Some computers where so laggy.

I don't believe this is fair and I think the ACM committee should look into the this because it's affecting MANY teams who qualify each year and can't afford to go further than national contest :'(

Tags acpc, acm acpc, acm icpc, acm, acm ecpc, acm tcpc, arab, cpc

History

Revisions

Rev. Lang. By When Δ Comment
en1 English wiiiw 2017-11-25 21:47:58 1220 Initial revision (published)